Metron’s offices are based in Taunton, Somerset in the South West of England.
Osborne House is a two story, Grade II listed, Georgian House, with its own parking and garden.
Arrival & Car Park Facilities
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact administration on 01823 259231
- All visitor facilities are located on the ground floor
- Metron’s premises are 2-3 miles from junction 25 of the M5 and a few minutes drive from the train station. Taxis are readily available outside the station, which is a five minute drive or a 20 minute walk.
- We have a general evacuation plan with specific procedures for wheelchair guests which will be given to you on arrival. Some doors within the building are set to close automatically in the event of a fire. They will be highlighted on the evacuation plan.
- The garden consists of a lawn area, with landscaped borders to the front and side, dividing lawn from parking areas.
Disabled Entrance and Reception
- We have plenty of onsite parking, including a disabled parking bay. The front and rear car parks are linked by a single width driveway, which runs around one side of the building. To get to the rear car park keep left when you enter by the main gate
- The car park has a tarmac surface. It is not level and is uneven in places. There is a gradual incline from the roadside up to the front of the building and there is a slope away from the house to the rear of the building.
- The disabled parking space is located on the right hand side as you enter the rear car park, adjacent to the building.
- Accessible entrance for wheelchair users is via a permanent ramp, located at the rear of the building, adjacent to the disabled parking bay. Signs for both are clearly displayed at the front and side of the building. When you have arrived at the entrance, please ring the bell for attention.
- Once inside the building, floors are level with the exception of the ground floor corridor, which has two steps midway along. To overcome this we have installed a lightweight ramp, wall mounted, which will be taken down and put into position as required.
- All floors are carpeted, with the exception of the kitchen and washroom areas.
- In an emergency the evacuation plan directs you to exit the building the same way that you came in, via the disabled entrance to the rear of the building. There is an alternative exit by way of the front door. The doorway is wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair and although there are two steps down to ground level, they are shallow in depth and would be passable in an emergency.
Public Areas – WC
- Meeting rooms are located off reception. Training course attendees will use the training room for lectures and the Board room for refreshments and lunch.
- Tea/Coffee and lunches are set-up as a self serve buffet
- Please notify event organizers in advance if you will require any additional services e.g. special seating arrangements, documents enlarged. We will try to accommodate everyone’s needs wherever possible.
- There are separate toilet facilities provided for ladies, gents and wheelchair users
- The disabled toilet is unisex and has an assistance cord alarm and emergency lighting
- All washrooms are fitted with non-slip floor finishes
- Washroom lighting is bright and all sanitary ware is white
Familiarization tours can be provided. If you require any assistance during your visit, please contact the Administration staff or talk directly to your host or course lecturer.
We hope this information is helpful and look forward to welcoming you to our Taunton office in the UK.